PayPal Website Payments Pro Setup
What is the process required to set up PayPal's Website Payments Pro?
The following process details how to setup the Website Payments Pro account to allow your customers to pay you whilst they use our online booking system.
Step 1: Setup a Verified PayPal Business Account
If you don't have an existing PayPal account:
- Go to PayPal.
- Click Sign Up Today.
- Set up an account for Business Owners.
- Follow the instructions on the PayPal site.
If you already have a Personal or Premier account:
- Go to PayPal.
- Click the Upgrade your Account link.
- Click the Upgrade Now button.
- Choose to upgrade to a Business account and follow instructions to complete the upgrade.
- If you haven't already, add a bank account to become a Verified member. Follow the instructions on the PayPal site. (This process may take 2-3 business days.)
Step 2: Apply for Website Payments Pro
- Go to PayPal - https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/website-payments-pro.asp
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Fill in your information, and submit your application. Approval takes between 24 and 48 hours.
- Once approved, accept the Pro billing agreement. Check the Getting Started section on the upper left of your account overview page.
What to do if you get, 'Invalid Merchant Configuration' error message.
ERROR: 10501 Invalid Configuration. This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.
Make sure that you have accepted the "PayPal Website Payment Pro" agreement in your PayPal account after you have been approved for PayPal Pro.
If you have accepted the Pro agreement but are still getting this error, PayPal also occasionally acknowledges the agreement and activates Virtual Terminal but somehow misses activating Website Payments Pro itself; if your PayPal "Get Started" summary screen only shows Virtual Terminal and nothing about PayPal Pro, please contact PayPal support to get your Website Payments Pro service activated.